In the Clouds

In the Clouds
Salinas, Puerto Rico

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Tourist for a Day


The last weekend I went to Nassau, the largest city, and commercial centre of the Commonwealth of the Bahamas. During my stay on the island, I was able to see the whole city, its culture and tourist attractions. I could also talk and interact with people there. In memory of this great experience I decided to write a little about how it feels to be a tourist for a day.

My day started when the sun enters my room, through the balcony. I took a bath and got ready for everything I expected to do. When I went down to the lobby, I went to where they were getting breakfast. When I started eating, he took me by surprise, how spicy was the food. My mouth began to catch on fire. However it was very good. When I finish I went to the surrounding area of the hotel, to do what all tourists do... take pictures. I took pictures of the beach, the pools, the aquarium, the fishes, the rays, and the sharks; also I took pictures of details of the structure of the hotel. I took about 200 photos that day. Then I went to the waterslides and pools. There I talk with many people from other countries. Everyone asked me, where I was from, they said that we were very friendly and cheerful. When we said we were from Puerto Rico, they laughed and said, "I thought so." Sometimes I was a little difficult to understand them because their English was a funny accent. When I finished my tour in the hotel I went to the downtown.
There we went to eat at a place called "Fish Fry". There we ate their typical food name it “conch”. Then we walked to see the streets, houses and shops.  When we came back to the hotel, we did it in a taxi. The unusual of the trip was that I was sitting at the front, on the left side of the car but I was not driving. This is because in the Bahamas they drive on the opposite lane as lead in Puerto Rico. They drive like in England. I finished my great day with a bath and a bed that was very comfortable.

Being a tourist for a day I learned the value of culture. Each country has their meals, their language and their way of being that is what makes this world so varied. I loved the experience of being a tourist for a day. Undoubtedly one of my best. I recommend you visit the Bahamas, it is a beautiful island.

1 comment:

  1. The only thing I can say is that I wish that I was there to accompany to you and be a "tourist for a day" ... Seems you had fun, next time I hope to follow your footsteps

    ReplyDelete